GENERAL VOIR DIRE QUESTIONS
1. Please state your name, address, and occupation.
2. Are you married? If so, what is the occupation of your spouse?
3. How many children do you have?
4. Do you know any of the lawyers or parties who were just introduced to you?
5. (Read or summarize the indictment. Explain what an indictment is.) Have any of you read or heard anything about the case before coming here today?
6. Have you ever served on a jury before? If so, where, when, and what kind of case did you hear?
7. Have you or any member of your family ever worked in law enforcement?
8. Have you or any member of your family ever been accused of a violation of the law?
9. (In drug cases) Have you or any member of your family had any experience in dealing with problems, legal, medical, or otherwise, that related to the use or abuse of controlled substances?
10. (In drug cases) Are you a member of any organization which is dedicated to drug abuse education or awareness, such as "Just Say No" or "Dare"?
11. (In firearms cases) Are you or any member of your family a member of any organization that deals with firearm issues, such as the National Rifle Association?
12. (In firearms case) Do you have any objection to firearms laws?
13. (After an explanation of the burden of proof, the presumption of innocence, and the right not to testify) Will you follow my instructions about these rules of law as well as the other instructions that will be given to you at the end of the case?
14. This trial is expected to last ____ days. Do you have any reason why you could not serve on this jury for that length of time?
15. Do you know of any reason why you could not serve on this jury if selected?