GENERAL VOIR DIRE QUESTIONS
1. Please state your name, address, and occupation.
2. Are you married? If so, what is the occupation of your spouse?
3. Do you know any of the lawyers or parties who were just introduced?
4. (After an explanation of the nature of the case) Have you read or heard anything about the case before coming here today?
5. Have you ever served on a jury before? If so, where, when, and what kind of case?
6. Have you ever been involved in a civil case before as plaintiff, defendant, or witness?
7. (In personal injury cases) Have you ever worked as an adjuster, investigator, or claim representative?
8. (In employment cases) Have you ever filed a claim against your employer or had any claim filed against you as an employer?
9. (In employment cases) Have you ever worked as a manager or supervisor?
10. (In employment cases) Have you ever had an experience at work in which you felt that you were treated unfairly as a result of your race, sex, age, religion, or national origin?
11. (After an explanation of the elements of the claim, any defenses, and the burden of proof) Will you follow my instructions about these rules of law as well as the other instructions that will be given to you at the end of the case?
12. This trial is expected to last ___ days. Do you have any reason why you could not serve on this jury for that length of time?
13. Do you know of any reason why you could not serve on this jury if selected?